Monday, February 18, 2013

DIY Bookbinding

Hey everyone! (:
Lots to catch up, but I guess I'll do it over a few posts.

I bound my very first book! And I'm totally excited about it!
It isn't anything fancy. I was just watching lectures on my computer and I realized I didn't have any decent notebook. And buying one would be too mainstream. I'm just kidding! :P

But yeah, I always have plenty of A4 papers and obviously lots of yarns and also craft papers.
And I remembered coming across this awesome book-binding tutorial.
It is soo easy. Sure, folding the papers in half is a bit painstaking when you're binding 60-pages book but I guess you can always do it while watching TV or something.
I didn't end up using chipboard or fabric like the tutorial did. I just used thick patterned papers.
You can sort of see the edges are a bit worn-out, since I've been using it for a few weeks now.
I guess I could use even thicker covers if I want it to be super-durable. But this one suits me just fine.
Oh and that awesome pen! (:
I think I'm actually more excited about it than the book.
I've been meaning to share it with you. For months, actually.
Mitch got it for me as a surprise and he got it engraved with a sentiment "Forever Our Story" and our anniversary.
I think it is such thoughtful gift since I write diary a lot and the sentiment is just perfect.
Engraved pen would be a great gift for anyone who writes poetry or journals, and the best part is you can make it very personal. (:
And I was kicking myself for not thinking of it sooner.

Hope you are having a great Monday. Mine was great, since school was short, which is always pretty awesome.

Till next time! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment