Monday, November 26, 2012

Handmade Card with Crochet Roses

It's been probably about a year since I last made a card.
But since I've "liked" so many cardmaking pages on my Facebook, I keep seeing pretty cards and I've been itching to make one.

I was resisting the urge, of course, since I'm right in the middle of my final exams.
But this Tuesday Trigger from Moxie Fab World did it for me.


Isn't it the most gorgeous thing or what?! 
Oh, yes, they have patterns for those beautiful frames alright. Click HERE for it. (:
And yes, I think I'll be making those beautiful frames once my finals are over (((: 
They're so beautiful...

Anyway, to my card, I always wanted to use crochet appliqués on card. 
And this challenge is just asking for it!
It's a perfect marriage of my two hobbies. (:
I crocheted many roses using embroidery threads and I didn't use them all up.
So I decided to use a few on this card, but I realized how small the size of the handmade card is and I couldn't squeeze 3 roses in like I intended to.
It is just a simple card; I figured I'd just start simple since it's been so long since I did paper crafting.
I've crocheted a few leaves, but I ran out of green ones so I used the yellow ones on this card.
The sweet pattern paper is from Echo Park, bought it long time ago but still my favourite because of those 2 sweet flamingoes. 

Here are more photos of my card. 
Hope you like it (:

2 comments:

  1. Hey Khin! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi cath! (: Thanks so much for dropping by, it's always such honour! (:
      You've got my hooked on card-making again (:

      Delete