Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Flower, Doily and Laces

Hey everyone! How's it going?
I hope you're having a great start to your new year.
I've got these beautiful flowers from Mitch on new year day and they're still pretty fresh.
Aren't they just so lovely?
I must confess I do loveee taking photos, and that's why my posts have way too many photos than necessary. Hope you don't mind.

I just sort of finished my first project of 2013. At least the crochet part of it.
It is a pencil case/make-up pouch. When finished, it'll measure 21cm x 10cm.
The pouch base is just simple single crochet. Took me a decent while to finish it since the yarn was pretty small and I used 3mm hook.
As you can probably tell, I haven't sewed the sides together or weave in the yarn ends.
That's because I'll be lining it and sewing a zipper. I haven't got the zipper or matching lining and probably awhile till I go shopping for them. Oh well, it can wait. :D
I used the doily from my red clutch bag. I skipped the last round thou.
I just adore that doily pattern!
Close-up on the edgings.
I'll share with you the final outcome after I finish the fabric lining and final work.

Anyway, yesterday, I went to watch The Hobbit with Mitch and his friend.
And well, during one scene at Bilbo's house, he said, "No, that's not a dishcloth! It's a doily. Yes yes, it's crocheted.'' It cracked me up! You have to see it for yourself.

That's all for now. Till next time. Happy crocheting! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment